AIF Students’ Chapter
(An initiative to impart quality education to future engineers)
Dr. Rashmi Saini
Computer Science and Engineering, G. B. Pant Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India, 246194, (An Autonomous Institute of Government of Uttarakhand)
Ms. Swaprabha Prathmesh Patel
Former Assistant Professor, Waljat College of Applied Sciences, Muscat, Oman
AI Foundation Trust presents “AIF Students’ Chapter” for the Engineering Colleges/Polytechnics/Universities. This is a collaborative program to provide support in delivering high quality education and training in the area of Artificial Intelligence including several subdomains like deep learning, machine learning, robotics, internet of things applications etc.
The Chapter will be established for the Departments (for example Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Applications, Information Technology). It is not to be established at Institute/Organization level.
I. Procedure for establishing the AIF Students' Chapter:
1. One faculty coordinator (SPOC) will be appointed by the department who be communicating to AI Foundation for establishment of the chapter. After establishing the chapter, he/she will be working as Chapter Chair.
2. The Application Form to request the establishment of the Student Chapter will be filled by the designated SPOC. Please click on the Application Form Link given below.
3. AI Foundation Trust will review the application and the decision will be communicated to SPOC.
4. After the consent of establishing the chapter by AI Foundation Trust, the SPOC (Chapter Chair) will be requested to start the establishment procedure at the department following the guidelines given below.
(i) At least 100 students should register in the chapter.
(ii) Registration Fee Details are given below.
|S. No.||Organization Type||Registration Fee (for each student)|
|1||Polytechnics/Degree Colleges||Rs. 350|
|2||University/Engineering Colleges||Rs. 500|
5.The registration amount will be submitted by the department in the Account of AI Foundation Trust. The account details are given below.
A/C No.: 50200055397081
Name of the Account: Artificial Intelligence Foundation Trust
IFSC Code: HDFC0009128 (used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
Bank Name: HDFC BANK
6.The proof of deposited registration amount and a list of students in EXCEL format will be sent by the SPOC to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. After the verification of the information received in the mail, the AI Foundation Trust will approve the AIF Students’ Chapter.
8. An e-Certificate will be mailed reflecting the establishment of student chapter at the concerned department. All the students will get the individual membership card also which will be valid for their entire period of the program in which they are enrolled.
9. The chapter should be renewed every year by registering the newly admitted students (minimum 25 students).
10. The chapter will be established for the duration of 3 years, after that it will be discontinued if it is not renewed every year as per the guideline no 8.
1. Chapter Chair
Chapter Chair will be the Chief Operating Officer of the of the student chapter.
The duties of Chapter Chair will be as follows,
-To preside at all the chapter meetings with a prepared agenda
-To give final approval of chapter expenditures
-To coordinate the meetings and events organized by the chapter
-To ensure the fulfilment of the objectives of the chapter
2. Program Chair
The duties are as follows,
-Responsible to organize the technical events and promotion of the chapter.
-All the meetings and activities will be convened by Program Chair in the absence of Chapter Chair.
The duties are as follows,
Keeps records on each chapter activity, along with the name of the participants, tasks performed, time and date and event posters.
Preparing all the minutes of the meeting
Preparing the chapter's Annual Report
Treasurer is responsible to maintain the records related to financial concerns of the events organized by the Chapter.
IV. Chapter Year Book
Chapter Year Book will consist of the following documents.
1. Chapter Calendar
Chapter Calendar is a one-page note on the planned activities for one academic year. The calendar will be prepared by the Chapter Chair in collaboration with other chapter officials.
2. Roster of Members
Roster of Members is the list of students who have enrolled for the students’ chapter. The details must contain mobile number and email IDs. The details of the officers will be mentioned in the roster.
3. Minutes of the Meetings (MoM)
All the meetings regarding the chapter must be documented properly with proper minutes of the meeting. The secretary is responsible for these duties.
4. Attendance Records
Attendance should be taken at every meeting and function to show the amount of involvement and interest for various events.
5. Record of Activities
All the activities should be recorded properly with the documents, like, Poster, List of Participants, Report on the Event, Media Coverage if any.
6. Annual Report
An annual report at the end of the session will be sent by the Chapter Chair to AI Foundation Trust, India which will be summary on the above documents.
The department will avail the following benefits of the student’s chapter:
1. Two online webinars on any current technology (AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision etc.) will be organized in one academic session for all the students and faculty members associated with the chapter in online mode.
2. The students associated with the chapter will be eligible to pursue Certification Courses offered by AI Foundation at concessional fee.
3. One Month "Student Training Program" with hands on experience will be organized on the latest technology in online mode free of cost. It will be organized every year if the chapter will be renewed every year.
4. Faculty advisers and students can avail concession in the registration fee in all the programs (conferences, workshops, seminars etc.) organized by the AI Foundation Trust.
VI. Terms and Condition
All the members of AIF Students' Chapter must abide the following guidelines.
1. Every member will work as per aims and objectives of the AI Foundation Trust.
2. The membership fee is not refundable in any case.
3. The Executive Board of the AI Foundation Trust has rights to accept and reject the membership application of anybody.
4. The Executive Board may debar a member at any point of time, if found working against the aims and objectives of the association. The decision of the Executive Board will not be questioned.